Thursday, February 28, 2013

Post radiation

Yep I am fired from blogging:) So its been two weeks since my last radiation. Was not a fan but would so take radiation over chemo any day. Rewind back a few weeks, the only problem I had with radiation was it completely ruined my throat and mouth. I developed sores in my mouth so was constantly using a magic mouthwash, yeah real magical for about 10 minutes then back to be uncomfortable. It made it hard to eat so I resorted to lots of smoothies. Your mouth recovers real quick as of now my mouth and throat are back to normal. I did get some reddness but used a cream called radialplex and miaderm, both did great. I am very thankful that I only had 17 treatments. Alot of people I met had to do much more, so that made me feel very fortunant. It is a huge relief that all my treatment is over, but I know this will hang over my head for life. For now I will just lay it all in Gods hands and enjoy life. I start back at work Monday. Kind of nervous but I know my girls will take care of me:) Exciting news my hair is growing back. Each day it seems to get a tad bit longer, its about quarter of an inch basically a dark shadowing. I have been using Nioxin, which is a little miracle system. I used it before my chemo to thicken up my hair and it did a great job. To bad it all decided to fall out:) Also, I am alternating with a shampoo called Ovation, supposed to help with thinning as well. Lastly, I am taking Biotin and prenatals, anything to get my hair to come in fast. I can not wait till I do not have to wear my wig or chemo caps. When that will be I dont know. I will continue to add updates as they come. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home