Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Radiology Appointment

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Friday is my last chemo-very bitter sweet. Looking forward to what I am praying will be the last time I have to get chemo, but am dreading the weeks after especially right before Christmas. I can not wait for this to be behind me. This Monday I meet with my radiologist. I have to wait a month after my chemo so as of now scheduled for January 21. I go everyday for three and a half weeks. Its very quick just a little zap on the side the lymph node was removeded, in and out he said 15 minutes. Side effects mainly fatigue, he said nothing like my chemo has been, I will take it:) He said to since it will be localized on my throat could get a sore throat but there are meds to help.  Basically it sounds like a really bad sunburn so I got some special cream for it. Some stats he said the likeliness of lymphoma returning is 3 out of 10,000, for those who do chemo and radiation together, so that was great to hear. The other option would be to do six rounds of chemo, but the odds are better to do both radiation and chemo together. I am very thankful to only be doing three rounds of chemo. This last round has been alot harder then the first. I have been more tired and the nausea has been continuous, so very thankful for one more round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home