Thursday, December 6, 2012

Well it's been almost a week since my second chemo and I'm finally feeling more myself. This chemo is some wicked stuff. It's indescribable. The chemo infusion wasnt bad. Just a little iv and hanging out for five hours. Since i reacted last time they gave it slow and i had no problems. That night after my chemo was the same as last time. I have found sleeping on the couch on the recliner helps with the nausea. So poor Ryan joined me. We are very fortunate and have awesome parents to take care of Colton. I honestly can not imagine him here nor do I want him seeing me like this. The day after we went back down to Baylor for another nuelasta shot. This go around my nurse told me to take a Claritin before the shot to help with bone pain and it's definently done the trick. The hardest part really is the exhaustion. Getting up to get a glass of water wears ya out-ridiculous. You want so badly to get up and walk around but your body just does not want to. It's really nothing I have never experienced before. But good news I am finally starting to feel normal. Colton was not a fan of my hair being gone but he's finally coming around. I really do miss my hair that's been really hard. I have found I really like to wear chemo caps there comfy. Honestly I haven't been out since my chemo, except our nightly outing to look at Christmas lights, so really haven't worn my wig. I wore it a little before and it's just gonna be an adjustment. So next I go see the radiologist December 17 and get details on that. I am weirdly looking forward to getting my last chemo December 21, bummed it's right before Christmas but glad to put it behind me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home