Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Preparing

So tomorrow is the big day. The last few weeks I have been preparing. My Mom, Ryan and I went to look at wigs. Not going to lie was very nervous, but went alot better than I thought. Ryan was pleasantly surprised as well. He thinks I should just shave my head now and start wearing it- um lets not rush it:) He is so supportive.  It is very similar to my hair now. My oncologist told me he thinks my hair will just thin but I am preparing for the worst. I think that is the worst part of this whole process, if I was guaranteed my hair would not fall out I think this whole thing would be better. I also got some scarfs and chemo caps, which are actually kind of cute. My last day of work was Saturday and am now on short term disablity. Kind of sad, I have become very comfortable there over the last few months and I will really miss everyone, but will hopefully be back in no time. So my goal during my treatment is to really take care of myself. I got a special cancer fighting cookbook. Has lots of recipes with good cancer fighting ingredients  I made some broth tonight thats full of vitamins and minerals to have for the next few days. I also got a juicer, which I have been wanting to do, so am looking forward to that. I am also hoping to get back into the gym. At least to go walking and start doing yoga again- so Cherie and Melissa get ready:) I also went to a chemo class which was very informative. They went over what to expect and tips to help me through my treatment. So tomorrow I have to be downtown at 1010 to get labs done to make sure I am good to go, meet with my oncologist to go over home meds and then we go to the infusion room at 1130. Infusion room- sounds kind of scary:) Praying everything goes smoothly. I know I say this alot but thank you everyone for being so supportive and making me feel so loved, each one of you mean so much to me.         

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home